Vocabulary, etiquette, and more!
First times can be scary, but they don’t have to be with this back to basics guide we will touch on some of the basic terms and types of cannabis culture to give you a head start on your journey!
Words to know, and what they mean:
- Flower: Most commonly referred to as weed, or bud this means the actual smokeable plant matter of the plant.
- Strain classification: Cannabis products will typically be grouped into categories by similar overall affects, those categories consist of Sativa, Indica and Hybrid.
- Sativa: Sativa based products are known for their cerebral uplifting and energetic affects.
- Indica: Indica effects are typically classified as pain sleepy and relaxing body highs.
- Hybrid: The middle ground of cannabis hybrid refers to a mix of the two groups of effects.
- Joint: Flower, defined above, that has been rolled in to a paper wrapping.
- Blunt: Flower rolled in a tobacco wrapping.
- Bowl: A hand pipe made for smoking herbs.
- Bong: Typically glass or silicone smoking device designed to hold water for percolation and a smoother smoking experience.
- Edible: Anything that can be consumed, typically referring to candy or baked goods.
- Topical: Topicals go on the skin and do not produce a psychoactive affect.
- Tincture: Alcohol or oil based drops that are taken orally and absorbed through the sub lingual palette.
How many slang words for flower can you think of? Theres a ton, but you don’t have to know them all to start your cannabis journey. We hope this lighthearted guide helps you make the choice to come see us when you’re ready to find relief. We are all always learning and advancing so let’s grow together, stop by one of our retail locations and talk to a budtender to get started!